How Can Blue Dot Resources Help?
My objective is to help clients in the cleantech sector develop their business or those in different sectors who seek to understand the implications and opportunities of the transition to a low-carbon economy and wish to jumpstart their sustainability programs with strategies that enhance core business value propositions while minimizing disruption during the process.
- Sustainable business development and strategic consulting
- Quantify risks and opportunities – offer insights into the short and long term implications to their business
- Develop, lead and direct business plans for new divisions or subsidiaries
- Create go-to-market strategies over a range of business models, define build-buy-partnership and negotiate partnership agreements
- Develop acquisition strategy, including business and technology assessment, M&A due diligence
- Financial modeling and sensitivity analysis for variables such as competitive dynamics, technology advances, regulatory changes, etc.
- Commercialize innovative technologies and application development
- Board and management briefings
John Lash is an independent green energy entrepreneur working toward a low-carbon economy and sustainable solutions in cleantech, smart grid, clean air, clean water, and corporate sustainability. Previously he headed up strategy, business development, marketing and intellectual property management for Clean Diesel Technologies, Inc., a company that aims to reduce regulated emissions from the combustion of fossil or biofuels, while increasing energy efficiency and lowering the climate change impact of engine applications around the world.
A long-time business strategist and technologist, John has more than 20 years experience in cleantech, communications, high-tech and media. Committed to the promotion of sustainable practices, John has published several articles and a white paper in this space, and was in the process of launching a renewable energy development business using a third-party power purchase agreement (PPA) model when he joined Clean Diesel.
Prior to Clean Diesel, John held Vice President Strategic Development positions for 6 years at Artera Group and its parent company, NCT Group, a publicly traded, high-tech company with a strong technology base. Earlier positions at NCT included Vice President Global Technology Sales and Vice President Sales for its media subsidiary.
Before then, John was President and co-founder of Enhanced Signal Processing, Inc., a high-tech sales consulting firm, focused on technology licensing. Prior to that, Lash held senior sales, marketing, engineering, and project management positions at Kasten Chase Applied Research, Ltd. and TIL Systems, Ltd. providing innovative telecommunications solutions to the financial industry worldwide. During this period, Lash worked in Canada, Spain, and the United States and was involved in the design and implementation of computerized trading systems for a number of stock exchanges worldwide.
A global citizen, John has extensive international experience managing offices in Europe and Asia and conducting business in more than 15 countries. An innovator, John has four inventions to his name (one issued patent and two patents pending to improve efficiency of Internet communications; one invention disclosure for an advanced emissions reduction system). Lash received a BASc Chemical Engineering degree from the University of Toronto.